The last train home...
Here is an entry that I wrote on the way home last week. The internet at home is still out; I'm using the internet here where I'm doing my practicum. Will write more when I get the chance...
It’s 4:30 PM, it’s getting dark, and I’m halfway between Frankfurt and Würzburg on the last train home. A wonderful four days have passed since I was riding this train in the other direction. I spent Monday and Tuesday chillin’ with my Dad and spending time with my grandpa and grandma. Wednesday dawned wet and cold, and remained like that for the rest of the day. Sad weather for a sad day, as we buried my grandfather’s ashes in the afternoon in Langenthal. This was followed by a memorial service at the church, and then dinner at the nearby hotel. The memorial service was a bit different than a normal Canadian one, but I really enjoyed it. Old, big church, solemn bells, candles, and beautiful organ (together with an oboe) music. The following dinner took place in a large baroque-style banquet hall, and I was blessed to be able to see all my relatives again. All my cousins were there, except one who is working in Kenya at the moment. I was able to see Thomas Ramser, my oldest cousin, who I haven’t seen for seven years. The recent death of my grandfather aside, everyone is doing well. I’m looking forward to visiting them all for a bit longer in April.
I spent the best part of my 6 hour trip home sitting in a train and quietly thinking. I'm feeling quite contemplative and sentimental at the moment. Now I'm tired, and I think I will skip bible study tonight. This weekend the youth group is going on a weekend retreat, and I must get some sleep before then...I bid you all a good night
It’s 4:30 PM, it’s getting dark, and I’m halfway between Frankfurt and Würzburg on the last train home. A wonderful four days have passed since I was riding this train in the other direction. I spent Monday and Tuesday chillin’ with my Dad and spending time with my grandpa and grandma. Wednesday dawned wet and cold, and remained like that for the rest of the day. Sad weather for a sad day, as we buried my grandfather’s ashes in the afternoon in Langenthal. This was followed by a memorial service at the church, and then dinner at the nearby hotel. The memorial service was a bit different than a normal Canadian one, but I really enjoyed it. Old, big church, solemn bells, candles, and beautiful organ (together with an oboe) music. The following dinner took place in a large baroque-style banquet hall, and I was blessed to be able to see all my relatives again. All my cousins were there, except one who is working in Kenya at the moment. I was able to see Thomas Ramser, my oldest cousin, who I haven’t seen for seven years. The recent death of my grandfather aside, everyone is doing well. I’m looking forward to visiting them all for a bit longer in April.
I spent the best part of my 6 hour trip home sitting in a train and quietly thinking. I'm feeling quite contemplative and sentimental at the moment. Now I'm tired, and I think I will skip bible study tonight. This weekend the youth group is going on a weekend retreat, and I must get some sleep before then...I bid you all a good night

2 Comments:
Hey Thomas,
I just finished school on tuesday Chemistry, Calculus and Physics finals all within 30 hours. Needless to say i spent yesterday recovering but today i was able to sit down and read your blog, filling in the pieces that i have missed so far. Sounds like you are having a great time, i am envious. But im sure you're envious of my course load too. Anyways i hope you have fun and a great christmas. I'll be checking your blog now as often as a can and now that you have got me signed up for this thing (ugh!...only for you man!) ill comment often too. But untill then, continue to enjoy yourself. Later man.
So basically my bro is a nerd...
hey man, bin missing you. pretty much cried my self to sleep last night. it was awesome. missing the sex in a can. lucky germans...
well , you have fun and i'm coming out spring break. somehow...
keep smiling and stop growing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home