Horse Show (and other news)
Hi guys,
So let me get to some blogging. Life is pretty normal around here at the moment, so I'll write about something that I did several weeks. I've been planning on posting for awhile, but I either was away from my computer when I felt like posting or didn't feel like posting when I had time on the internet. And you've got to feel like posting. Otherwise you get posts like the last one. And that was boring, wasn't it?
Well, the views on my webshots account jumped by about 180%, so I guess you people didn't find it that bad.
In other news, I'd just like to say that my bible study leaders got engaged last week, and are getting married on Aug 18th. Congratulations to them.
I tell you, German bible studies.
No, nope, nein, nadda, I'm not interested in anyone in my bible study
On the topic of romance, I would also like to congratulate Austin and Leah on getting themselves engaged (to each other, to boot). All the best for you two, and I'm really sorry to be missing your wedding.
I'll probably be somewhere in Venice or something like that.
Doing some proposing of my own.
Last Thursday a friend of Mr Pabst was short on time and needed some help to paint the interior of an old garage, so I went to his place for the day. It was pretty sweet, he showed me all his farm machines, his cows, his barns...all very interesting. His father also works on the farm, and he's got a hook for a right hand. Got ripped off during a tractor accident 35 years ago. Machinery didn't have the safety features that they do now. Imagine turning around and seeing this old guy with a hook for a hand. Kinda freaky. Had lunch at this farmer's place too. As lunch is the main meal of the day, we had spƤtzli with schnitzel in this tomato/cheese sauce. It was good. Really good. The farmer spoke with a really thick Bavarian accent. Like, intense. Although I usually have no problem understanding the language here, I usually had to get him to repeat what he said.
But yes, two weeks ago Mr Pabst and I went to a horse market about an hours drive southwest of Giebelstadt. Apparently this was one of the best and biggest horse shows in southern Germany, and Ueli has always wanted to check it out. So, with the excuse that I had to see a bit of Germany, we headed off. Already the way there was beautiful, with the hills bathed in morning sunlight...
At this market, horses off all shapes and sizes are shown off, ranked, and sold. Huge draft horses, slender racing horses, horses specifically for breeding, ponies, shetland ponies...they were all there. We had about two hours to walk around (there were plenty of horses just milling around with their owners, waiting for their turn to show off), and we also visited the market that follows the horse show from town to town. Bought some bratmandeln, (almonds roasted with sugar and spices), a traditional German snack.
So, here are some pictures:







and finally...
some hairy feet
So let me get to some blogging. Life is pretty normal around here at the moment, so I'll write about something that I did several weeks. I've been planning on posting for awhile, but I either was away from my computer when I felt like posting or didn't feel like posting when I had time on the internet. And you've got to feel like posting. Otherwise you get posts like the last one. And that was boring, wasn't it?
Well, the views on my webshots account jumped by about 180%, so I guess you people didn't find it that bad.
In other news, I'd just like to say that my bible study leaders got engaged last week, and are getting married on Aug 18th. Congratulations to them.
I tell you, German bible studies.
No, nope, nein, nadda, I'm not interested in anyone in my bible study
On the topic of romance, I would also like to congratulate Austin and Leah on getting themselves engaged (to each other, to boot). All the best for you two, and I'm really sorry to be missing your wedding.
I'll probably be somewhere in Venice or something like that.
Doing some proposing of my own.
Last Thursday a friend of Mr Pabst was short on time and needed some help to paint the interior of an old garage, so I went to his place for the day. It was pretty sweet, he showed me all his farm machines, his cows, his barns...all very interesting. His father also works on the farm, and he's got a hook for a right hand. Got ripped off during a tractor accident 35 years ago. Machinery didn't have the safety features that they do now. Imagine turning around and seeing this old guy with a hook for a hand. Kinda freaky. Had lunch at this farmer's place too. As lunch is the main meal of the day, we had spƤtzli with schnitzel in this tomato/cheese sauce. It was good. Really good. The farmer spoke with a really thick Bavarian accent. Like, intense. Although I usually have no problem understanding the language here, I usually had to get him to repeat what he said.
But yes, two weeks ago Mr Pabst and I went to a horse market about an hours drive southwest of Giebelstadt. Apparently this was one of the best and biggest horse shows in southern Germany, and Ueli has always wanted to check it out. So, with the excuse that I had to see a bit of Germany, we headed off. Already the way there was beautiful, with the hills bathed in morning sunlight...
At this market, horses off all shapes and sizes are shown off, ranked, and sold. Huge draft horses, slender racing horses, horses specifically for breeding, ponies, shetland ponies...they were all there. We had about two hours to walk around (there were plenty of horses just milling around with their owners, waiting for their turn to show off), and we also visited the market that follows the horse show from town to town. Bought some bratmandeln, (almonds roasted with sugar and spices), a traditional German snack.
So, here are some pictures:







and finally...
some hairy feet

2 Comments:
holy those are some intense hairy feet! they look like some boots i saw the other day...
ugh.
sweet horses dude. Wish my feet had shags...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home