two months left
It's late at night, but I feel compelled to write. Today being the 31st, I realized that I have two months left on this side of the globe before heading back home. Which isn't such a big deal.
But I only have 10 days left here in Germany before I must say goodbye to the many good and wonderful people here. Right now I feel a touch overwhelmed as I work on putting my travel plans together, do the things that I normally do here, and realize that all is coming to a ever faster approaching end. The thing is, I keep thinking how in only 10 days I will leave this place, yet I'm not going home for another two months. And two months is a long time. It feels like I'm suspended in limbo between two places. Between. Home here and home back at home. An interesting feeling. Thankfully, the pain of leaving is softened by the fact that I will be back here just before heading home and will be going to this big youth conference together with my youth group. So this will be only a temporary goodbye, before heading off on what will most likely be the biggest adventure I've experienced so far in my short life; traveling through Europe for six weeks. Alone.
Boo-yah.
So sweet.
Not the traveling alone. I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to find someone to travel with (it would have been good, Will, Michael). But now I have the flexibility (and consequently, cost saving) of being able to go where I want and just hop from friends house to friends house throughout Europe. Which is exactly what I'm doing. Even my complete itinery is not firmly laid down yet. Only the first two weeks are definite, and that was just finished tonight. I'll let you all know how it's looking when I get further with my planning. But for now I muse about the suspended stage that I'm finding myself in right now. Saying goodbye, but not saying hello.
But lately I've been thinking; maybe I should just avoid the pain and remain in Europe. I've been checking out the Technical school in Zürich (ETH, the place where Einstein taught), and they've got a wicked engineering program. And, being a Swiss citizen, I can go there for free. Completely free. And I would finally have the chance to me near my extended family and visit my grandparents on a regular basis. They're not getting any younger. It's too good of an opportunity to let up. I'm really thinking about it.
Hey, would you look at that. It's April 1.
But I only have 10 days left here in Germany before I must say goodbye to the many good and wonderful people here. Right now I feel a touch overwhelmed as I work on putting my travel plans together, do the things that I normally do here, and realize that all is coming to a ever faster approaching end. The thing is, I keep thinking how in only 10 days I will leave this place, yet I'm not going home for another two months. And two months is a long time. It feels like I'm suspended in limbo between two places. Between. Home here and home back at home. An interesting feeling. Thankfully, the pain of leaving is softened by the fact that I will be back here just before heading home and will be going to this big youth conference together with my youth group. So this will be only a temporary goodbye, before heading off on what will most likely be the biggest adventure I've experienced so far in my short life; traveling through Europe for six weeks. Alone.
Boo-yah.
So sweet.
Not the traveling alone. I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to find someone to travel with (it would have been good, Will, Michael). But now I have the flexibility (and consequently, cost saving) of being able to go where I want and just hop from friends house to friends house throughout Europe. Which is exactly what I'm doing. Even my complete itinery is not firmly laid down yet. Only the first two weeks are definite, and that was just finished tonight. I'll let you all know how it's looking when I get further with my planning. But for now I muse about the suspended stage that I'm finding myself in right now. Saying goodbye, but not saying hello.
But lately I've been thinking; maybe I should just avoid the pain and remain in Europe. I've been checking out the Technical school in Zürich (ETH, the place where Einstein taught), and they've got a wicked engineering program. And, being a Swiss citizen, I can go there for free. Completely free. And I would finally have the chance to me near my extended family and visit my grandparents on a regular basis. They're not getting any younger. It's too good of an opportunity to let up. I'm really thinking about it.
Hey, would you look at that. It's April 1.

8 Comments:
Hey free school sounds pretty sweet dude!
ok anonymous, i'm pretty sure he was kidding. he's coming home. to me...
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Hello sounds like you are having a really nice trip.
nice April fools trick. I remember being in the limbo stage myself going from England to Germany. I think that week of good-byes was the only time I really felt homesick. Wish you safe travels.
Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home