Sunday, July 26, 2009

.

Tristan arrived today. We picked him up at the airport this morning, dropped off his stuff at home and then headed right to church.

The worship was incredible. It brought tears to my eyes (and I seldom cry. I wish I did). The Africans manage to lose themselves in the Spirit in a way that is so genuine and...powerful. And when there are several thousand of them...WOW.

The service was four hours long.

This afternoon/evening we went to the orphanage again. They have their own church service in the compound for the kids (in addition to coming to church in the morning), and Ray does some bible teaching with them. These kids are incredible. They're all fabulous singers, and they worship with abandon. Every one of them lost their parents in the 2004 massacre (more on that later) - some of them lost their entire family. And yet they sing of God's ever-present goodness and faithfulness, over and over and over. Humbling.

Tristan and I move in tomorrow afternoon. I'll have no internet there, but will probably be back at the Bales from time to time. Maybe I'll start a diary.

Tristan, Ray, and I had many good discussions today. I'm glad Tristan is here. It is good to have someone to relate to and experience things with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home